Get ready to take your meals to yet a higher level with some delicious sauces! Sauces are
one of the best ways to add flavor to your food. Not only do they take your meals up
another notch, but sauces can also be used before cooking as marinades for meats and
veggies, and they are a perfect way to finish a dish.
Cocktail sauce is a type of chilled dipping sauce that is served alongside a seafood cocktail,
like shrimp. Cocktail sauce is typically made with ketchup, prepared seafood cocktail sauce,
Tabasco and lemon juice.
So let’s prepare Shrimp Cocktail with the Goldyna seafood cocktail sauce.
- Goldyna seafood cocktail sauce,
- Drained one tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and halved
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
How to prepare
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 quarts of water with the coriander seeds,
peppercorns, the chopped onion and 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Squeeze the lemons into the water and add the wedges to the pot.
- Bring to a boil over moderately high heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the shrimp.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes, until the shrimp are white throughout.
- Drain well and discard the spices, onion, and lemons.
- Transfer the shrimp to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until well chilled
Salad dressing is used to blend the ingredients and add flavor. It must agree with the salad components’ and heighten the taste and texture. Salad dressing includes Mayonnaise, cream, and Vinaigrette, and all these are what the Goldyna Balsamic Vinegar offers.
Any salad that does not have a dressing can be likened to a lady without makeup. The dressing can either be in the form of liquid or semi-liquid. The different sauce can also be used as salad dressing, such as mayonnaise, thousand islands, and so on.
Salad is never complete without dressing. The benefits of dressing in salad are:
- Salad dressing improves flavor and taste in a salad.
- Salad dressing provides food value and helps digestion.
- Salad dressing in a salad enriches its palatability and appearance
Here is how to make the Lettuce Salad with Tomato and Cucumber with the Goldyna Balsamic Vinegar.
- Cucumbers: Any cucumber – peeled or not, works. However, you should peel garden cucumbers that can have bitter and tough skin.
- Tomatoes: Any full-grown or cherry tomatoes would do.
- Onion: (optional)
- Spices: Olive oil, salt, pepper, and a secret ingredient is toasted sesame oil.
- Goldyna Balsamic Vinegar.
Adding toasted sesame oil to for your lettuce tomato cucumber salad adds a unique flavor to your salad.
- First, wash all vegetables, chop and add to a large salad bowl as you are chopping.
- Work through ingredients in order listed in the recipe. No extra step to make salad dressing separately is required.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients in order as listed and as you are preparing them.
- Stir well and gently, and serve immediately or within a few hours with the Goldyna Balsamic Vinegar.
To preserve, refrigerate all vegetables covered in a bowl, and add oils, salt, and pepper right before serving
(Secret tip – If you add salt before preserving – your salad “leaks”).