Get ready to take your meals to yet a higher level with some delicious sauces! Sauces are
one of the best ways to add flavor to your food. Not only do they take your meals up
another notch, but sauces can also be used before cooking as marinades for meats and
veggies, and they are a perfect way to finish a dish.
Cocktail sauce is a type of chilled dipping sauce that is served alongside a seafood cocktail,
like shrimp. Cocktail sauce is typically made with ketchup, prepared seafood cocktail sauce,
Tabasco and lemon juice.
So let’s prepare Shrimp Cocktail with the Goldyna seafood cocktail sauce.
- Goldyna seafood cocktail sauce,
- Drained one tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and halved
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
How to prepare
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 quarts of water with the coriander seeds,
peppercorns, the chopped onion and 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Squeeze the lemons into the water and add the wedges to the pot.
- Bring to a boil over moderately high heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the shrimp.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes, until the shrimp are white throughout.
- Drain well and discard the spices, onion, and lemons.
- Transfer the shrimp to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until well chilled